Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day was very special this year. It was my second Mother's Day, last year Marshall was about 6 days old.


He looks a little different this year:)


All I wanted for a gift was to sleep in, and take it easy which happened. I also got surprised with breakfast in bed:


It was the day after Marshall's first birthday party, so we did a little bit of cleaning up and then went to the park. In the afternoon I took a nap, and then fell asleep on the couch while Jerad was making dinner. I had been So Ridiculously Tired lately that while Jerad was giving Marsh his nighttime bath I decided to take a pregnancy test... just for the heck of it.

And we all know how that turned out:


The positive line turned pink right away, before the control line even showed up. At first I just saw the one line and figured it was negative. Then I noticed it was on the wrong side to be a negative. Even though we hadn't been doing anything to prevent getting pregnant, and had already decided it was time for baby #2... it was still shocking.

Well, it was to me. Once again Jerad wasn't surprised and said he "had a feeling."

I was mostly relived that I had an excuse for being soooo tired! I had been planning on making an appointment with the Dr. to get some bloodwork done and figure out what was wrong with me. Being pregnant was a pleasant surprise and made for a very memorable Mother's Day!

No comments: