Friday, April 11, 2014

Emery Harper 9 Months



I can't believe Emery is 9 months old. Today! And that I'm posting this on time:) That is mostly due to the fact that she started sleeping like a good baby. This last month was hard. She had a big sleep regression and woke hourly. For weeks. And the only thing that would comfort her was me nursing her. So I've been a zombie. The hourly wakeups stretched to every 2 hours, then every 3-4, then last night she went to bed at 7pm, woke up ONCE at 12:30am and that was it until she was up at 6:30 for the day.

This isn't my first rodeo. I KNOW that sleep progression isn't linear and it has its ups and downs, but man, when you're in a "down" it seems like it takes over your life. Hoping we're on the up swing for awhile!

This month we took Emery swimming for he first time.


She loved it.


St Patrick's Day:


Her favorite thing right now is taking things in and out of baskets. She'll do it over and over and over.


Crazy hair:

She's getting easier to take on the boys playdates. She'll happily play in the grass, sit in the stroller, or swing. Even if it means she misses a nap she's usually in a good mood.




I asked my mom to see what clothes she had left from my sisters and I when we were little. She brought a big bag and I've been having a lot of fun dressing Emery up. I remember my littlest sister Addy wearing this watermelon dress:


And this sweater was mine!




I need to have her weighed at her next Dr. apt, but our scale puts her around 16.5 pounds. She's in 9 month clothing (and has been since 5 months) and if she follows in her brother's footsteps, will be until she turns a year.



Two weeks after she turned 8 months, her bottom front two teeth popped through. I can't believe it took so long. I've felt like she was teething forever with all the drooling, chomping, and fingers in the mouth. Both her brother got their first tooth the week before they turned 7 months old. She likes to be on her own timeline apparently since they were both crawling and cruising furniture by the time they turned 9 months as well.


She is a ridiculously happy baby. Like, the kind of baby that makes me want 500 more or to just bottle her up and keep her tiny forever. Then night comes and I remember what a horrible sleeper (until the last few days) she is and I think "no more kids ever. I can't do this again."



She loves Marshall and Miller so much. Her eyes light up the second she sees them. The feeling is pretty mutual. Marshall has been enamored with her since the second he met her, but this last month Miller has really fallen in love too. She likes to mimic sounds so Miller will lay with her on the floor and say something like "ma ma ma ma" then she'll try to say it back and they'll both just laugh and laugh and laugh.


Two nights ago she was able to stand up while holding onto something (the bathtub) for the first time. The boys were so proud and cheered her on.


She's still unsteady so I'm sure it'll be awhile until she's cruising along the furniture. She still isn't officially crawling, but she scoots and army crawls to get where she wants to go. She's eating solid foods 1-3 times a day, and nursing about every 3-4 hours so play dates and errands are getting easier because she doesn't always have to eat the second we get there.

Other current favorites include baths, and swinging:


You can see her teeth a little in the next picture. Another one of my hand me down dresses:


She's sassy and funny. She claps with one hand on the back of her other hand, waves, gives huge open mouth kisses, and if she does something that makes us laugh she'll do it over and over.


Going through old photos I found these of me around her age. I see a lot of similarities! Especially the mouth and hair:



This is her "funny face:"


Happy 9 months baby girl! I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

No comments: