Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We spent it with my family here in Paso. Jerad and I made cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and marinated mushrooms. This is the first Thanksgiving in over 10 years that I haven't made pies. It felt weird:)

All day I was so excited about dinner, but when it came time to eat I was full after about 6 bites. What about increased appetite during pregnancy? Oh well, we brought home leftovers. Our friends Tina and Tom stayed with us for the weekend so we hung out with them at night. The highlight of the day was Jerad feeling the baby kick for the first time. Normally as soon as he puts his hand on my stomach to feel the kicking... it just stops. He was pretty excited:)

Friday Jerad had to work a few hours, but he got paid double time and a half so it was way worth it. I brought him breakfast and huge out with him the last two hours. We went shopping and FINALLY got a new couch. We sold ours a week ago and have been kickin it on a twin mattress on the floor until we found the perfect couch. We also got a new coffee table and side tables. I LOVE them. They're wooden, and distressed, and way more baby friendly that the glass tables we had before. Our last purchase was a new TV. The one we had was a 27" big boxy thing that I bought sophomore year of highschool for my boyfriend. It was time for an upgrade for sure. We ended up with a 42" Phillips LCD. I'm still getting used to it, it seems HUGE. Of course, Jerad thinks its too small and we should have gone bigger.

Saturday Tina and Tom made us breakfast which was amazing. Later in the day my friend Liz stopped by to visit. I haven't seen her in over a year so it was really nice catching up. Jerad tried to replace the can lights in our hall, but our 1950's wiring was all messed up so he wasn't able to finish. I started working on the inside Christmas decorations. In the afternoon Tina and Tom left. In the evening I decorated the Christmas tree while Jerad hung the 24 Christmas painted signs, plaques, and wreathes we put in the living room each year.

Sunday Jerad climbed up in the attic to figure out what was wrong with our wiring. it was kind of fun because he gave me a walkie talkie and would buzz me with which breakers to turn on/off or what to bring him up the ladder. Eventually it got straightened out and we now have new can lights in the living room and hallway. Its nice having lights that aren't always flickering on and off! Later we finished the indoor decorations, and Jerad got most of our Christmas lights put up. He's done them the same way the last 2 years and switched it up this year. In the evening my parents and uncle Jeff stopped by and visited awhile. My mom brought me some maternity clothes she bought which was an AMAZING gift because I only have a few things that fit me now.

It was a busy but fun and productive weekend. Next week we start work on our back shower. After a year and a half its finally going to be finished! I am really really excited about that. I'll post pictures of the decorations and new furniture soon.

Back to work tomorrow:(

1 comment:

.heidi.noelle. said...

Looking forward to photos! :D