Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Job Description

I was supposed to be returning to work from maternity leave next week. Instead I went in yesterday and let them know I wouldn't be coming back at all. It's going to be a big adjustment to say the least. I've worked full time since I was 16 years old. I've been with the same company for the last 7.5 years! I was only 21 and newly dating Jerad when I started. Since then we've gotten married, added 3 dogs, 3 kids, and bought a house. I have literally grown up since I was hired.

Mentally it still doesn't seem real. I've probably had about 10 panic attacks where I contemplate calling and begging for my job back... I'm leaving a really good job. And things are going to be *tight* on one income. Not to mention that due to the nature of Jerad's job he could technically be out of work at any moment. I've never planned on or pictured myself as a stay at home mom.

I could list all the reasons that led to my resignation, but ultimately Jerad and I just decided it was the best decision for our family. It's going to be hard, but it's going to be so worth it. My children are going to be getting a much better version of "me" this way.

Since I had been planning on going back to work I made a conscience decision to spend my maternity leave focused on the kids, not on mundane things like household improvements, cleaning, organizing... blogging :) Now that I know our time together doesn't have an expiration date, and I'll be staying home, I'm ready to get our HOME in order. And since I'll be spending the majority of my time with an infant, 1.5 year old, and 3 year old... I'll be blogging about it as an outlet to feel like I'm still conversing with the outside world.

Wish me luck and sanity as we embark on this new crazy adventure!

No comments: