Monday, July 29, 2013

Waterslides and Midstate Fair

Our nanny, Jessy, is pretty awesome. She started watching Marshall 1 day a week when he was 4 months old, and over time ended up watching him all 4 days a week while I work, and the same for Miller when I returned from maternity leave at 3 months. So basically she's been watching them for as long as they can remember. They LOVE her, and she and her family are like a second family to them.

A few weeks before I went on maternity leave, Jessy, her mom, and sister took the boys to the waterslides. This was extra awesome because I was a million months pregnant and not feeling like going this year:) They had SO much fun and were talking about it for days!












They took them again the day I had Emery even though Jessy is "off" during my maternity leave. It worked out perfectly, I went into labor about 30 minutes after they left, the boys went to sleep an hour after they got home, and I gave birth about 2 hours after that!

They also took them to the fair, which again, I was sooo thankful for because we decided to forgo going this year. Since my maternity leave is only partially paid, and we're still catching up from unexpectedly paying a million dollars in taxes and having to buy a new car, we've been on a "budget summer." So even though I missed going to the fair for the first time ever in my 28 years, I'm glad the boys got to enjoy it:)











Even though Emery is only 2.5 weeks old and I still have a few months of leave, I'm already dreading going back to work. It sucks being away from the kids, even though it's only 4 days. However knowing that they'll be with a family who loves them so much that they want to spend time with them even when they don't have to makes me feel a lot better:)

No comments: