Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Its 8:09

And Marshall is finally sleeping.

Its been a rough week. Jerad left Sunday night to oversee a job in Whittier (LA area) and he won't be back until Saturday. At the earliest.

Usually I don't mind, in fact, sometimes I welcome a few days of some down time. But this is a long time. Coupled with the fact that its been raining most of the week and Marsh has been sleeping like... I don't know... some sleepless creature.

The days just feel looooong. I get up at 5 and try to shower before Marshall wakes up. If he's awake he wants to get in the shower too and there just isn't enough time. Then I nurse him, get us both ready, let out and feed the dogs, make breakfast for the both of us, load the car, feed the cat, then play with Marshall until its time to walk out the door at 6:30. I drop him off at my mom's and make it to work right at 7 where I immediately hit the coffee. Work drags on until 5:30. Then I rush over to my mom's to pick up the baby, try not to visit, and get home hopefully by 6 or 6:15.

This is the most stressful part of my day. I'm already exhausted by this point and the second I walk in the door everyone needs something. Marshall is always fussy and wanting to nurse. The cat is flipping out like he hasn't been fed in weeks, and all the dogs are barking for dinner too. I unload the car (purse, pump bag, diaper bag, baby), grab the mail, feed the cat and dogs, then sit down and nurse Marshall. I have to feed him last because otherwise the animals drive me insane. He always starts to fall asleep but gets a second wind as soon as I try to move.

Then its time to start dinner, un-load and repack all the bags for tomorrow, wash all the pump parts and store the milk I pump during my breaks at work, eat and feed Marshall, clean him up or give him a bath, start laundry, and play with him until he gets tired around 7-7:30. I change him and snuggle him in bed till he goes to sleep.

Jump up, switch over the laundry, start washing a load of diapers, clean up the dinner mess which always involves mopping the floor, pick up anything we got out, pack lunches for the next day, then pick one chore like cleaning a bathroom or vacuuming.

Then I finally get to sit down.

Have a glass of wine. Or 2.

As long as I'm being honest; at this point I also make and eat 4 cookies and a glass of milk. Hmm. I can't risk the cookie dough going bad and who knows if Jerad will ever be back to help me (and shhh, don't tell me I can freeze it).

Maybe play on the computer or read. We canceled our TV so that's out. I SHOULD go to bed early but I relish the alone time and finally having every thing quiet. Actually that's probably my favorite thing about no TV. At night the house is peaceful and serene, no background noise.

Let the dogs in and get them settled down for the night. Feel guilty that they've barely gotten any attention all day. Make plans to go to the dog park or beach on the weekend.

Try to go to bed around 10:30 after nursing Marshall.

Then he wakes up 4 times before 5am. No joke. Which means I wake up 4 times in 6.5 hours. Remember, he used to only wake up once so I've been spoiled. Basically, as soon as I comfort him and fall back asleep... I get woken again.

Then the alarm goes off and we do it all over again!

It's been a hard week. He's needier, the weather makes everything dirtier and the pets unhappier, and I'm just tired. But I shouldn't complain. Tomorrow I work a shorter shift (and we have a nanny that comes to our house so I don't have to deal with all the picking up/dropping off), then I'm off Friday-Sun.

It just better not be raining.

And Jerad better bring me something pretty. Or at least plan on doing 75% of the night time parenting for the first few days he's back...

No comments: