Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lil Slice of Heaven

This weekend was full of some much needed rest, relaxation, and *gasp* socialization.

Jerad finally returned from working out of town late Wednesday night. He was gone for 11 days. Usually I pride myself on being able to handle everything while he's gone. This was not one of those times. Maybe if I had been planning on it being so long it would have helped? He was supposed to be gone for 5 days then it just drug onandonandonandon. Marshall was teething, well maybe... it seemed like it but I still don't see any new teeth. Whatever was going on, he was not sleeping nor was he his usual easy-peasy self. It was raining, the dogs were getting cabin fever.

Not my favorite time ever.

However, Wednesday night the clouds parted, rays shone down from the heavens, and Jerad returned home. I promptly called in to work to tell them peace-out and I would be taking a family day.



Thursday I slept in till at least 9 and awoke to breakfast in bed. We went to the library and had a nice relaxing day. In the afternoon Jerad's aunt Kanda and cousin Haley came over for a visit and to give Marshall the most adorable pair of little Converse shoes.

Friday Jerad also got up with the baby and let me sleep in till 8:30. Marshall and I went to story time and ran a few errands, then that night we all visited Jerad's parents where Marsh had a great time playing with his cousins.

Saturday we tried out a new park. I think we might end up having Marshall's birthday there because NO one uses it so we basically had free reign of the park. From there we headed to Farmer's Market, then stopped by and visited Taylor and Dom, and Taylor's parents at their house. They have a grandson about Marshall's age so there were a ton of things for him to play with and a dog to harass so he thought he was in heaven. When we got home Beth and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to SLO.


Girl talk, Forever 21, Victoria's Secret, Sephora, and Chipotle all sans baby. Can life get any sweeter?

I got home around 8. Jerad had been planning on having the baby asleep, dinner cleaned up, laundry folded, and everything tidy by the time I got home. I think he wanted to "show me" that it wasn't that hard. I bet you can see where this is going:) Not only did I get to have fun girl time, my husband also got a reality check about all the work I put in to keeping everything together and running smoothly. And he did have a fun night with Marshall, and remember to feed and bathe him and put him to sleep so it wasn't a complete bust.

Sunday Jerad dropped Marsh and I off at the park and then went to Trader Joes where he did all the shopping. I was going to go, but he offered. When I go grocery shopping it involves elaborate meal planning that takes into account nutrient requirements, seasonality of produce, utilizing leftovers, and of course budget. So... its kind of stressful to give that up. However Jerad promised me we wouldn't eat nothing but hot dogs all week and the park sounded more fun so I relinquished shopping list control and let him go.

He did pretty good, only spent $15 more than I usually do, and didn't even get hot dogs. Score, maybe he can take over the shopping more often.

While we were at the park waiting, another family came to play. The lady must have mentioned 8 times what a "tiny child" Marshall was. Kind of strange. I know he's small, but apparently he is freakishly small. Or at least she thought so.










Even if he is teeny tiny, he's still pretty cute!

2 comments:

Morning Glory said...

This is Hank's park when he comes to Ami and Grandpa's house!

.heidi.noelle. said...

Can I just say that he is SO cute :D