Monday, April 9, 2012

Impromptu Beach Trip


Last week both Marshall and Miller were sick and driving me batshit crazy slightly testing my patience. 


So far I haven't found an attitude issue that can't be corrected by going outside, and I knew a walk, the backyard, or the park wasn't going to cut it. So I decided to load them up and head to the beach.


On the drive there Marshall kept asking/crying/shouting for "lo-lo cup" over and over (andoverandoverandover) and I had no idea what he was talking about. FINALLY I figured out he meant the "Red Solo Cup" Toby Keith song. On the weekends I turn on CMT's country top 40 while I'm making breakfast and Marshall is obsessed with the video (weirdo).

Anyways he doesn't understand how the radio works and was demanding that I play the song.

Being the no-nonsense, strict parent that I am... I immediately downloaded it on my phone and we listened to it on repeat for the rest of the trip.


Marshall took turns standing and sitting in the water for about 45 minutes. His lips were blue and he was shivering like crazy but refused to leave. Miller spent the trip wrapped in a blanket and tucked in the Ergo.


Afterwards we went home and everyone napped happily ever after.


AKA this is the kind of thing I choose to take pictures of and remember... not snotty noses, whiny screaming children, and 11pm, 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am and 5am wake-ups :)

No comments: