Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends! I keep seeing this floating around, and this morning Dixie had posted it, so I caved and decided to join the fun:)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I worked at Hallmark for a few years so I LOVE to wrap and get all Martha Stewart about the embellishments:)
2. Real or artificial tree? Fake. I can't handle pine needles all over my floor, and the fake ones are so symmetrical and last so long. I do love the smell of fresh cut pine though!
3. When do you put up the tree? Early. Usually before Halloween. This year we held off until a week before Thanksgiving because we were so busy.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after the New Year. I'm ready for it to go away by then.
5. Do you like eggnog? Noooooooo. Bleck!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A 3 disc CD player when I was 13 along with a Counting Crows CD. I wanted it REALLY bad!!! Then I listened to music so much I wore it out, right before Christmas the next year so my mom returned it and added some money and I got an upgrade. The same thing next year and I got upgraded to a Sony that I still had until a few months ago.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. I'm really picky about them... I've hinted for 3 years now to Jerad that I want the Willow Tree one, but apparently I'm not hinting hard enough. Or he saw how much it cost and flipped. You can buy one or two pieces at a time though and add to it over the years. JERAD: you can start here and there are 16 new and used starting at $47.69! I'm not going to hold my breath:)
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Normally I would say that "its the thought that counts" blah blah blah... but once I got an engraved jewelry box that had my name SPELLED WRONG. From a family member no less. So, that was pretty crappy.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Even though its expensive and a hassle. I love receiving them in the mail too and I save them. This year I bought some really cute cards, but then decided that we are going to make all of ours which turns out is about 3 times as expensive, but they are CUTE!
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf and A Christmas Story.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All throughout the year I buy things that I think ppl will like and set them aside. Then fill in the gaps in November and December. Except for the one year that my life was super crazed crapfest and I did ALL of my shopping Christmas Eve. I do not recommend that approach.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don't really like "Christmas food" I like the appetizers. Spinach dip, bread, cheese, olives, veggies, fruit. I like to load up on that and then I could care less about the dinner.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear...always!
14. Favorite Christmas song? I don't have a favorite per se... there are a few albums I like. I love the Brad Paisley one.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home then leave the day after to go snow camping in Yosemite. I'm not sure if we'll be doing that this year since we are going to AZ a few days after. Hopefully we'll go in January!
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Well, I tried to do it in my head, and the first one was "Cuban" so I'm guessing not... according to Dixie I'm un-American:) Oh geeze, I tried again and the second was "Cancer!" Where did I come from? To be fair, my parents never read us that poem... maybe THEY are un-Americans!
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. First, I love stars. Secondly, would you want a tree up your dress for weeks at a time? Ya, didn't think so...
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas morning. But not by my choosing... I would do it weeks before. I hate waiting! I think last year Jerad "let" me open ours on Christmas eve because we were spending that night at my parents and were going to wake up there Christmas morning. If he makes me wait until morning, I wake him up at like 5 or 6. I'm such a child.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds at the stores. And grumpy people. Get with the spirit already! And wanting to be able to buy everything for everyone but having to be realistic.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Always. It used to be blue and teal and silver and white, but last year I did a maroon and rustic theme and added to it this year.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing. We don't have kids and our dogs wouldn't get it and just be pissed that we were leaving treats laying around on plates.
22. Least favorite holiday song? Okay, don't shoot me... cause this makes Jerad mad. I like these songs for CAROLING or SINGING, but I do not like hearing on the radio or Christmas CD's all of the classics like: Silent Night, Deck the Halls, Oh Holy Night. All of those. ESPECIALLY when the artist tries to make them unique. Ugh, leave them alone, and leave them off of your CD and just let us Carol them in peace.
23. Favorite ornament? Addy got me a really pretty hand-blown blue glass one.
There you have it...23 fun things about me regarding the holidays. Feel free to take this meme and make it your own. Just leave me a comment so I can come over and check out your answers!