Thursday, December 11, 2008

Three Years


Three years ago today, with one kiss, Jerad and I crossed from being good friends to dating.

At first I was worried. We had been friends for 8 years at that point. What if "we" didn't work out? Would it ruin our friendship too? Obviously that didn't happen.

We've had our ups and downs since we've been together.

Downs:

*Had the landlord sell the house we were renting and evict us.
*Moved 3 times (in three months!) before settling into a house.
*Both had complete career changes.
*Supported each other through deaths in both families.
*Had a miscarriage at 11 weeks.

Ups:

*Gone to Hawaii.
*Acquired 2 cats and three dogs.
*Completely changed our eating habits to a more organic and healthy lifestyle.
*Remodeled the house.
*Taken multiple trips to Oregon, Yosemite, and Disneyland just for fun.
*Made new friends and strengthened old friendships.

All in all, it has been a pretty eventful three years! This past year has been the best by far. And I can't wait for the next year, and the year after that, and on and on and on. We have grown so much both as individuals and as a couple.

Right now I'm making a scrapbook of the last year (I do one each Christmas) and I had forgotten all of the amazing things we had done! Concerts, horseback rides, trips to the lake/beach, hot springs, Yosemite, camping, Monterey, family events, wine tasting (apparently I wine tasted every weekend the first 1/2 of this year:), San Fransisco, weddings, and soooo much more.

So Jerad, thank you. Thanks for being you. Thanks for being my friend these last 11 years and still wanting to date me (crazy). Thanks for never failing to entertain me. Thanks for making my life so wonderful and for always knowing the right things to say and do during the times when its not. I guess I'll keep you around for awhile:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so sweet, your life is wonderful I guess. Your up done, they're good. I pray for you to get more wonderful life in future :)
Btw, thanks for your welcome

DIXIECHICK said...

Congrats on 3 wonderful years together...my honey and I are going on 7...and it does keep getting better.

liz oelker said...

man! you made me cry. you guys make me so happy. you guys truly bring out the best in each other and I'm so glad God decided to bring you both together. congrats on 3 years!