Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Is it over yet?

Man, I can not wait till this day is over. Bleck.

Yesterday Marshall went to bed super early, like 6. Jerad is traveling right now and going to bed early sounded good to me too, so I nursed Marshall in his sleep, read a few chapters in my book, set my alarm for 5:30am and turned off the lights around 9:30.

Setting the alarm is really just a formality because usually the baby wakes up at 4 to eat and I haven't quite fallen back asleep before the dogs and the cat all start whining/barking/beating down the door to be fed. This in turn wakes up Marshall who wants to talk and play. So, we start our day at 5 and the alarm is a "just in case."

Last night Marshall didn't wake up to eat until 3:30 so I got a pretty good chunk of uninterrupted sleep! I wish he'd wake up closer to 2:00am because then I'd have a chance to fall into a deep sleep before I get up at 5, but I'll take what I can get. At least he always nurses and goes right back to sleep. I remember waking up a few times last night and thinking it was weird that it was kind of light outside and that Marshall was holding so still. Usually he kind of thrashes around and wakes me up, but he was just cuddled up to me snoring. I decided to just enjoy the fact that the baby wasn't using me as a punching bag in his sleep, and not to worry about the light outside since it clearly couldn't be 5:30 yet.

Awhile later I got a text message and decided to check it. It was my mom wondering what time I was dropping the baby off. Oh, and it was 6:34 already.

I HATE starting my day off like that! I like to ease into my morning, have time to play with the baby, eat a little breakfast. Today I jumped up managed to shower, get dressed, get Marshall changed and dressed and fed, feed all the pets, load the car, and be out the door all in under 20 minutes. Do not ask me how, it was some sort of miracle. I always pack the diaper bag, all my pump stuff, and my lunch the night before. Thank goodness for that or I would have really been late.

Even with the almost 30 minutes that it takes to drive to drop off the baby and get to work I was only 15 minutes late. Still, its a crappy way to start the day and I'm ready for it to be over. Also Jerad gets back late tonight and it'll be nice to have him around.

If I remember, I'll take a picture of Marshall's outfit and post it. Since I was just trying to hurry he isn't the most fashionable today. He has a tie-dyed onesie and rainbow baby leggings. It sort-of almost matches. Love it.

No comments: