Monday, March 5, 2012

Back at work

Today was my first day back at work. Can you believe its been 12 weeks already??? I jumped right back into my normal 10 hour shift (10.5 after lunch).

Last night I had a mini meltdown. I was getting all teared up and contemplating waiting one more day/week/month. I don't think I was really worried about leaving the kids. I've already gone through that with Marshall so I knew what to expect. It was hard with him at first but then I got back into the groove and enjoyed the time I was at work. He was nice and waited until Jerad and I were around to roll over, sit up, crawl, talk and walk for the first times so I never felt like I was missing out.

I think this time around I was mostly worried about how the nanny would handle both of them at the same time... if she'd be able to give them both the attention that they needed.

I decided that the first day was going to be hard no matter how long I waited so I sucked it up and went back. Luckily everything went great. The nanny texted me that everything was going great and they were going to go to the park. Everyone was so sweet to me, I remembered how to do my job, and got to drink a cup of coffee uninterrupted... without having to microwave it 4 times. AND I was able to get caught up on the literally 1001 emails in my inbox and 1000+ unread blogs in my reader.

I had forgotten how awful it is having to pump breastmilk at work. That's how I spend all of my breaks. And how I will be spending all of my breaks for at least the next YEAR. Oh well... at least I have an iPhone and Scramble with Friends this time around:)

I'm changing my schedule from four ten hour shifts, to a ten hour shift on Monday and Thursday, then 7-1:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'll still have 33 hours so I can keep our benefits, but I'll be off early enough on Tuesday and Wednesday to take the kids to the park, Children's Museum, or just be able to make dinner and give baths without being rushed. Then I'm off Fri-Sunday. Its a pretty sweet sauce schedule if you ask me.

No comments: