Friday, March 9, 2012

We survived the first week!


Yeay, I made it through my first week back from maternity leave! I might even go so far as to say I enjoyed being back at work:) My new schedule is pretty amazing. Tuesday after I picked up the boys we went to Bethel park and played for about an hour. I have now mastered nursing Miller in the sling while simultaneously chasing Marshall around.

He mostly wanted to collect sticks and rocks


Wednesday after work we went to the zoo.

He's kind of obsessed with making this face lately


Chillaxin' in the sling
 Jerad left at about 3:00am on Thursday morning to go to a job in Pasadena. I was a little skeptical that I'd be able to feed all the animals, and get me and 2 babies dressed and out the door in time to be at work at 7am but somehow I was only 6 minutes late. Most days I'm about 10 minutes late so in a way I was early!

My mom picked up the boys when she got off work so she could hang out with them for a few hours.

This morning we all slept in till 7am (HEAVEN). Marshall helped me make some coffee:

 Then we played with tractors in the bean sensory box Jerad made him:







He made sure to include Miller in the tractor fun:


Miller is finally at the stage where he's happy to play alone under the activity gym so I'm able to get some house work and blog reading done while Marshall naps



After lunch we headed to the children's museum for a few hours:

flower arranging

I'd call week one a success. Everyone at work was so nice and I had fun and felt productive being there. Every morning I got to savor my coffee and breakfast at my desk *uninterrupted.* I also was able to get caught up on my emails, blog reader, and come up with our budget and savings goals for the year. I thrive on a routine. I feel like I have more energy than I have in months, our house is spotless, and I've even got a jump on making some St Patricks day crafts!

Jerad is on his way home now and should be back before bed time! This weekend we have lots of plans around the house, will inevitably end up at the Children's Museum or Zoo,  and won free $50 tickets to the Rotary Club's crab fest which is always a blast.

No comments: