Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

I know this is a tad late... but life has been a whirlwind!

First, our decorations this year.

Kitchen:




Office:


Hall:

Living room:






We didn't do the bathrooms or bedrooms this year:(

My company had its Christmas party at Sycamore Mineral Springs in Avilla Beach. We got to stay 2 nights, have fancy food, and the last night we had a band, dancing, open bar, and a gift exchange.

Room:





Par-tay:


Since Jerad and I hadn't had time to celebrate our 3 yr. anniversary, we did it while we were there. He got me a gorgeous aquamarine topaz ring and I got him a watch and cologne.

We went to the beach and the weather was AMAZING! Ahhh, Christmas on the Central Coast!





The day we got back Jerad's aunt Pam and uncle Mark had a gift exchange at their house:



We spent Christmas eve with my family and Jerad's dad and brother Joey and Larry's whole family came over. We had all sorts of food and drinks and played Wii. It was a ton of fun. Christmas eve was one of my families biggest traditions at my grandma's house before she died so it was nice to get people together again!

Christmas morning we spent with my family:



And then the afternoon and night with Jerad's:
After we opened presents and his sister and her family went home, Joey, Jerad and his dad played a bunch of songs. Jerad on guitar, Joey on drums, and Rusty on the trumpet:


Joey also graced us with his mad dancing skills. All the pics of THAT came out blurry:)
So much to do in so little time!

All in all we only made like 11 pies this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of the usual 18. But I tweaked a few recipes to perfection and am working on a few more. I want a pie shop.

The day after Christmas we were planning on going to Disneyland, but Jerad *wanted* to take down our Christmas decorations and get the house cleaned up and some yard work done before our New Years trip instead. I love that motivated man!!! He also painted our hall bathroom and bedroom. I'm in heaven!

Jan 1st we whisked off to Arizona for a 5 day trip to see a friend get married and spend time with friends. So far it has been a blast!

No comments: