Monday, January 26, 2009

Pants pants pants

When it comes to buying clothes, I'm cheap. I could care less where they come from, and if you ask me where I got my top, chances are it will be from Goodwill or Ross.

Pants are trickier. I mean, nicer pants really do fit better. Which poses a conundrum for someone who doesn't want to spend more than $30.

Last year when I lost a bunch of weight, I didn't want to shell out for new pants. Once I got down from a 10-11 to a size 7-8, I reluctantly went out and bought a few pairs from Ross. Once I got down to a 2-3... I just slapped a belt on the 7-8's and called it good. Ha not so hot...

My sister took pity on me and gave me an old pair of her jeans and loaned me a pair of Lucky brand jeans as well. She is around my same [freaking short] height has all of her pants hemmed. Say what? They didn't look like this:
I could even wear them with flip flops and *not* roll them up or use safety pins. Classy!

When we went to NY in December, my sister took pity on me and bought me 3 amazing pairs of jeans that were on super clearance, all different styles. I splurged on 2 pairs of Mavi jeans and got them for... $84 for both pairs! One was regularly $110 so I was feeling good about myself:)

So, right now I have 5 pairs of jeans that are super nice, but I can't actually wear because they are too long. I broke down today and decided to have them hemmed. Sewing is the one domestic thing that I don't do.

I know this is boring to you, but I'm super excited about having "new" clothes that actually FIT!
Now, if they only would look that cute on...

1 comment:

Big M said...

Stephie, you need to put the whole truth out there. You haven't actually gotten any of your pants hemmed and you still haven't given me my Lucky jeans back, no matter how many times I ask :)...