Monday, June 17, 2013

Pregnancy #3; 34-35 weeks

33.5 weeks

34 weeks

35 weeks

So... 35 weeks. This is getting to be that awkward time where the baby could be here in 2 weeks, or who knows, another 7. I've been seeing the chiropractor regularly which has been amazing, and at my last midwife appointment I went ahead and got my clearance for this to be my last week of work.  I was planning on working until 38 weeks, but the days that I work my feet are swelling and I'm getting so uncomfortable. If I'm being honest, I'm pretty mentally checked out at this point so stopping at 36 sounded good to me!

Jerad actually came to the last appointment with me and the kids, which doesn't usually work out with his work schedule. The seat was adjusted funny on my car for some reason so I'd have to straighten up every time I had a Braxton Hicks contraction because they were too uncomfortable otherwise with the way the seat was. On the 40 minute drive I had 6 or 7. I don't even pay attention because I'm used to just having them CONSTANTLY no matter how much water I drink, rest I take etc. I had them a lot with Miller too and supposedly it gets worse with subsequent pregnancies. Since they're not really painful, just uncomfortable, I ignore them. But it was freaking Jerad out because he is so crazy at work right now it would be pretty horrible timing if I had the baby early. So he pretty much demanded that I stop working ASAP.

Not that being at home is more restful than being at work.

So, this is my last week at work. After today I'll only have 3 more days left. I am sooooo excited. I hadn't realized how mentally and physically I was over working until the morning I turned in my notice. Not having to wake up the kids if they want to sleep in and have to deal with loading and unloading them from the car all before I have to be at work at 7am will be AMAZING.

Last Thursday my coworker's surprised me with an ice cream cake and some gifts for the baby:

 


My plans are to take spend lots of quality time with the boys, get lots of projects done, get lots of rest, and take up everyone on their offers to babysit or help around the house so that I'm actually able to accomplish those things. I was re-reading my old blogs and how bored I was on maternity leave with Marshall and... oh man... I just want to go back in time and kick myself. I would KILL to just be able to sleep and clean and window shop whenever my little heart desired without feeling like it was cutting into time with the kids! First time mom's, enjoy your maternity leave and take as much as you can... it's a whole other ball game once you have kids to chase around! Obviously completely worth it or people wouldn't willingly have multiple children, but still... enjoy your alone time while it still exists. Honestly at this point, I don't even remember why I thought it was hard being pregnant while caring for ONE other child. Especially because he was still taking 2-3 naps a day at this point. Oh well, hindsight.

What else it there to say about 35 weeks? I'm sleeping pretty well, usually I wake up about once to pee. I'm achey when I sit or lay in the same position so long (hence why working sucks), but I am roughly the size of Texas so that isn't that surprising. At my last midwife appointment I was measuring waaaay ahead. Like -- 40 weeks. Which explains why I feel like I'm 40 weeks:) She thinks its just lots of extra fluid and we'll check again at the next appointment (next week), but doubts it's anything to worry about.

That's all I've got. After today's 10 hour shift, I just have two 8 hour days then one more 10 then I'm OFF FOR FOUR MONTHS! Not that I'm excited or anything...


No comments: