Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Prenatal Yoga


I'm pretty excited to start prenatal yoga classes tonight! Its something I wanted to do, but I wasn't sure that the logistics would work out. Then I found out that not only does Templeton have a yoga studio, they have prenatal yoga classes on weekdays 30 minutes AFTER I get off work! Pretty exciting.

Here's the description :

Prenatal Yoga & Wellness programs prepares you for birth through the five points of yoga:Proper Exercise, Proper Breathing, Proper Nutrition, Proper Relaxation/Meditation, and Positive Thinking. Enhance your birth experience through techniques that prepare you physically, mentally, and emotionally. The class begins with 25 minutes of discussion in the tea lounge, followed by an hour class.The course includes use of a yoga mat, yoga ball, blocks, bolsters, eye pillows, packet, and discussion/yoga class.

sounds nice huh?

I am really looking forward to the stretching, the bigger I get, the achier. I try to do yoga at home, but it just isn't the same as a class. I've really been missing having a gym membership lately, so at least this is something I can look forward to getting out and doing once a week. After the first 5 weeks, you get a discount if you sign up for another 5 weeks. There is a 2 week break between sessions. The second session ends April 13th, 2 weeks before I'm due. That should help the time fly by right?

No comments: