Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What's new:

Honestly, not much is new lately. Its pretty much the same routine of wake up, get kicked like crazy all day by the babe, try to follow my Brewer diet, work, come home, dinner, clean, sleep. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I recently lost my ability to sleep, so that's awesome. I wake up in hot flashes. ME! World's Coldest Person. The girl who keeps a down comforter on the bed in the summer time. So, that's been hard to get used to. Between that and the 2-3 times I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I think I am going to have to start taping my eyes open at work.

I'm also getting pretty uncomfortable in my own body. The skin on my stomach is so tight, I don't know how its going to keep stretching for another 4 months! I envy people with long torso's that have more room to grow.

I've been doing yoga every day which has helped my back aches tremendously. My spine was starting to do the "pregnant curve" thing and has straightened back out. I'm doing well walking, doing lunges and squats, but still failing at lifting weights. It would be so easy to do them at night while watching TV, I just can't get into it! Oh well, another goal to work towards.

Jerad has basically taken over making dinner during the week which has been AWESOME. He usually beats me home by 30 minutes so sometimes I walk in to dinner on the table. He loves cooking so he doesn't mind a bit. During the weekend I have been trying to make meals I can freeze and then pull out later on nights when neither one of us is up for making a meal and/or I forgot to go to the store and we have no groceries. I've made a few batches of enchiladas, potato gratin, pulled pork, and this weekend I'm doing lasagna and stuffed shells. After dinner we've gotten in the habit of packing our lunches for the next day, then him cleaning the kitchen and picking up anything that we have out in the living room while I start laundry and vacuum the house and mop, or dust and do mirrors (I alternate every day). It only takes about 15 minutes and everynight we go to bed with a sparkling house and clean laundry which has made me feel SO much better!

On a side note, I decided to ditch shampoo and conditioner and wash my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead. I wash my hair for a few minutes under the shower water, then scrub my scalp with a tablespoon or two of baking soda. Rinse, then add a few tablespoons of ACV to a cup of water and pour it through my hair, squeeze out the excess, and wha la! My hair was slightly oily for a few days, but is used to it now and beginning to look much fuller and healthier than before. I love it! Its cheap, and natural. I was buying organic plant derived shampoos before, but this is waaaaaay better. Jerad said he only smells the vinegar when I am blow drying for a few min in the morning, so its good to know I'm not walking around smelling like salad dressing. I've decided I'll try it for a full three months, and see how I'm feeling then.

Next up on our to-do list, finish rearranging our room, make room in the guestroom for my craft stuff and Jerad's music stuff, and turn our 2nd guest room/office into a NURSERY!!!!! Then pain the living room and hall, ceilings, baseboards, and nursery. Pretty stoked.

No comments: