Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

We spent most of Friday and Saturday getting ready for our housewarming party!

I finished putting out our fall decorations:








We decided to have an open-house style party instead of asking everyone to show up at a certain time. We said between 12:00 and 5:00. Not ONE person showed up until 1:00, which was completely fine but I was getting nervous that it was going to be totally lame and no one was going to come at all. Luckily after that we had a steady stream of people:) I think about 40 altogether? It worked out perfectly and I feel like I got to at least say hi to everyone that came.

I did however forget to take any pictures.

Sunday we loaded up to go the "Giddy Up Round Up" for a little family fun!



There was so much to do and Marshall had a blast. There was a hay maze to navigate, musical instruments to play, gymnastic obstacle course to tumble, horses to pet, plus a lot more.

Marshall got to climb all around a highway patrol car and push buttons to his heart's content:



Climb in a helicopter:


Then the best part, a few trips on the steam train:




Can't wait to go back next year!


We had a fabulous, fun filled weekend but boy did it wear me out! I'm still recovering. Saturday night I went to bed early because I was just pooped and having BH contractions every 7 minutes. They aren't painful, and its not a big deal... but they are annoying and get uncomfortable. I think it was just a combo of running around for the party, being on my feet most of the day, and not drinking enough water. Then Sunday was just go-go-go too. Needless to say, getting paid to sit at a desk all day sounded like a good deal come Monday morning. Well, except for the part where I had to wake up at 5:30...

Next weekend we hope to remodel the upstairs bathroom (well, start the remodel), make it to the Munchkin March Halloween parade in SLO, have a "big stupid car day" (seriously that's what's on the calendar) of cleaning, maintenance and repairs, go to a Halloween Party at the Children's Museum, and I'm going to a bridal shower. Just a few days to get through then the fun can begin!

No comments: