Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting off the Frumpville train

Lately I've been in a major rut and just feeling "frumpy" for lack of a better word. I don't know if its a third trimester thing, an "I'm sick of maternity clothes" thing, an "I've never been so pasty white in my life" thing or what exactly.

My hair is almost always just put back in a pony tail straight after I take a shower, shaving has become sort of a weekly thing, I don't wash my face and don't get me started on my toenails. I seldom wear makeup, accessories are rare, and flip flops or uggs are my go-to shoes. All this would be fine if I still felt good about myself, but between all that and trying to adjust to my rapidly changing body shape combined with not being able to fit into most of "my" clothes I've been one un-happy camper.

I have so many friends that have a baby, babies, kids, whatever and still look stylish and put together, so I know pregnancy isn't an excuse.

Last night I made a resolution to suck it up and make an effort instead of just being miserable but doing nothing. I gave myself a little pedicure and painted my toes a sassy color (the last time I went and got a pedicure was a week before we got married. sheesh), I washed my face and did a mask treatment, I deep conditioned my hair, I took a shower, exfoliated, shaved, put on lotion and wore sexy pj's to bed. I woke up feeling SO MUCH BETTER!

Starting now I am going to put a little more thought into my outfits, I actually have some really cute maternity clothes, and take the extra time in the morning to accessorize. Cute belts or headbands, some sort of jewelry, and sassier shoes are all in my future. Also I'll make the effort to put on makeup in the morning-- even if its just a tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lip gloss.

So far so good and I'm in a much better mood. Maybe I'll even go crazy and start styling my hair! I think it would be easier if I didn't have to be up before 6am every morning. Then again I know the problem isn't that I'm too tired. Its that I'm too lazy.

Jerad bought me a one hour prenatal massage for this Friday so I am really, really, really looking forward to that. I might even feel all motivated and have my eyebrows waxed and hair cut too. I never spend the $$ in my "personal" budget so I've been building up lately, its probably time for a treat. Anyways, maybe next time you see me I'll look a little more refreshed and less frumped than the last time.

1 comment:

TheCowans said...

It is a daily effort after the baby comes!! I didn't do my makeup for like 3 weeks after he came :) But it makes you feel human again so its always worth it! Keep up the good work you're almost there!