Monday, September 19, 2011

Dinner

We had the grossest dinner tonight. I feel really bad, because I picked out the recipe and Jerad made it even though I'm sure there was a million things he'd rather be doing after working 10 hours... but seriously, it was gross. I think the problem is that the shrimp we had were too tiny, so they ended up over seasoned and not meaty enough. Heck, I don't even like shrimp that much so that probably didn't help.

It took longer than we thought it would because when I planned dinner I missed the part about the 20 minute roasting which actually took closer to 30 so Marshall was starving before we ate and I had to make him a separate dinner and put him to bed before ours was finished. Then again, I guess he was lucky.

Jerad and I sat down to eat and neither one of us liked it but I didn't want to hurt his feelings since he was the one that made it, and he didn't want to hurt my feelings since I picked the recipe. So instead we didn't really talk and both just shoveled it down trying not to taste it. Blech.

I'm just blogging about it now so that I can put off cleaning the huge kitchen mess it caused (seriously, could he have used any more food processor parts if he tried?)  and not think about the fact that we get to eat the left overs for lunch tomorrow. Hmm. Luckily we also had homemade rice and beans so maybe we will both eat that and "forget" to eat the shrimp.

If you've brave and have tomatillos you're trying to get rid of, I do think the seasonings would be good on chicken and the sauce in a cold Mexican chicken salad type thing.

No comments: