Monday, March 29, 2010

35 Weeks

(35 weeks)

We're getting close! We had a busy weekend and I paid for it. Saturday we got up at 6:30 and finished whipping the house into shape. That afternoon my besties threw me and Kari an ADORABLE baby shower (separate post on that to follow). Saturday evening Jerad and I went and saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D with Tina and Alex.

Sunday we spent all morning and afternoon working outside. I planted flowers and veggies in all of the planters and pots, and Jerad cleaned up and pressure washed the house, porch, eves, siding, deck, driveway and sidewalks. Then he did our dog kennels, patio furniture, and cushions for good measure. I really tried not to overdo it... I had Jerad do all of the heavy lifting and bring me the bags of soil. I took breaks and drank lots of water. Sunday evening we had our maternity pics done. I can't wait to see them!!! We went to San Miguel and took photos in front of some of the old buildings and factories. When we got back we walked downtown and had a romantic dinner. Annnnnd then the contractions began.

9 in an hour. Jerad wanted to call the midwife since we're supposed to report in if I have more than 5 in an hour. I told him to relax because there was no way the baby was coming yet. First of all, he doesn't have a name yet. Secondly, I haven't washed all of his clothes and blankets. And third, there is still waaaay too much left undone on my to-do before baby list! I drank a bunch of water and laid down and the second hour only had 5 contractions. My uterus is going to be very toned by the time it needs to push this babe out.

Today I woke up and my back, arms, legs, EVERYTHING was soooo sore I decided not to go to work. I think it was a combo of so much squatting, lifting, walking, twisting, and just doing so much in one weekend. It just sucks because I *am* trying to tone it down and still I get all achy/contractiony. I told Jerad that I feel like me and my body aren't on the same team anymore. Its rebelling against me! I feel "fine" but then pay later. I'll keep trying to take it easy, but I am not going to sit on my butt for the next 2-8 weeks. Today I did wash all the baby clothes and blankets and the rest of the diapers, then make us dental and chiropractor appointments. I guess last night just gave me the little push I needed to realize that this little guy is going to be here in a few weeks and we need to finish getting ready.

No comments: