Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby Shower #2

Thursday I went to work as usual; excited that it was my last day before my normal 3 day weekend! Everybody was pretty busy and I was left to my own devices most of the day. Around lunch time my supervisor asked me if I'd go get the conference room ready for a meeting. I went in to turn on the light and noticed someone lurking in the corner.

Then EVERYONE jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!" I can't believe that 30ish people snuck into a room basically right behind my desk with gifts, decorations, and food and I didn't even notice. What can I say, by Thursday I am pretty much checked out.

Some of the employee's spouses came, and Jerad was there too. Sneaky sneaky:)

(a few of us getting ready to open gifts)

For food it was a mexican buffet. YUMMO!

For dessert there were 2 cakes, chocolate with a whipped cream and strawberry filling, and an ice cream cake:


I felt so loved. My coworkers and their families put so much thought into the gifts. There were little cowboy boots, wrangler diaper covers, cloth diapers, so many adorable things. Everyone at my work is so excited. Since Jerad and I haven't been able to pick a name, my coworkers have been writing suggestions on slips of paper and hanging them over my desk:

There have also been a few times when I've come in to find balloons waiting for me:

And Thursday I got sent home (early too boot!) with fresh flowers:

I had so much fun and it was really nice that Jerad was there too. As the baby room fills up more and more its sinking in... there's going to be another little person arriving soon!

1 comment:

liz oelker said...

you are spoiled but yes very well loved! you got such cute stuff. I can't believe he's almost here!! I'm glad you're still feeling "normal" though and not uncomfortable. Remember, April 27th is just a little early..tell him that :)