Monday, March 29, 2010

Crossing off a bit more

More progress on our list:

Things to buy before baby boy H gets here:

(things in BOLD are finished)
  • Bassinet
  • Make bassinet bedding
  • Carseats (a friend bought us one and is giving it to us on Easter, and Melinda and Larry got us another!)
  • Crib bedding
  • Crib
  • Crib Mattress
  • Changing table
  • Changing pad and covers
  • Baby tub
  • Storage baskets for baby stuff
  • Cloth diapers
  • Disposable diapers (a few packages for the first weeks)
  • Diaper bag
  • Nursing bras/tanks
  • Nursing pillow and cover
  • Nipple cream, breast pads
  • Medela in Style breast pump
  • Bottles
  • Burp cloths, swaddlers, receiving blankets
  • Onesies and sleep suits in 0-3m, and 3-6m sizes
  • Babylegs!
  • Hats, socks, bibs
  • Rocker/glider
  • Moby wrap or sling for me
  • Ergo for Jerad
  • Stroller
  • High chair (we decided to take this off our registry. It will be awhile till we need it, why waste the space in the meantime?)
  • Play pen (I came home from work one day last week to find the one we wanted on our doorstep. Thanks Maggie!)


Things to do before baby boy H gets here:
(things in BOLD are finished)

  • Rearrange bedroom to accommodate bassinet
  • Find pediatrician
  • Hire doula
  • Figure out what I am doing for maternity leave
  • Figure out how much time/when Jerad will take off
  • Nail down childcare situation (we're pretty close on this one)
  • Complete Hypnobabies courses
  • Practice relaxation techniques
  • Prenatal Yoga classes
  • Order birth kit/supplies
  • Get some second hand towels/sheets for the birth
  • Figure out where to set up birth tub
  • Order birth tub
  • Choose baby name (we're like 95% on this one. And no, we're not sharing)
  • Stock freezer with meals
  • Wash baby clothes, diapers, linens
  • Make list of names/numbers of ppl to call after the baby is born
  • Build nursery paneling
  • Paint nursery furniture
  • Put together nursery furniture
  • Eye exam (Jerad)
  • Dental exams/teeth cleanings (I made appointments today!)
  • Chiropractor visits (I made appointments today!)
  • Rearrange closet to fit baby's stuff
  • Make ipod labor/delivery playlist (any suggestions?)
  • Make lullaby playlist (any suggestions?)
  • Maternity photoshoot
  • Rearrange new living room furniture
  • Paint living room
  • Buy new wall hangings
  • Repaint kitchen
  • Buy bigger kitchen table (we currently have a 2 person bistro table. I feel like a "family" needs seating for at least 4:)
  • Repaint hallway
  • Touch up paint in master bedroom, guest room, hall bath, back bath, mud room, laundry room
  • Paint nursery
  • Redecorate hall bath, buy new toilet seat, and remove shower doors
  • Clean back yard and plant garden
  • Fix trim board between laundry room and our bedroom floor
  • Add trim around new hot water heater handles
  • Get new mattress/box spring
  • Clean out shed
  • Organize basement and have a yard sale (our basement is maybe about 1/3 of the way organized, our yard sale stuff is mostly gathered, and our block is having a yardsale in 2 weeks)
  • Stain back deck
  • Write thank-you's (1/2 way done. There are 62 so its taking me awhile)
  • Plan weekend romantic getaway for one last hurrah before baby comes:)
Newly added:
  • organize closets (entryway, hall, linen, bathroom cupboard, our room, guest room, babyroom)
  • call Insurance company and change my last name
  • bathe all three dogs
  • start baby scrapbook
We're getting there. In 1.5 weeks I will be "cleared" for a homebirth, and I think the majority of our list will be finished. So the little guy can come any time after then, or decide to give us extra time which is fiiiine with me!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Make your "baby-moon" a priority. And go on LOTS of dates. Like every night. You won't get to for a long time!

You can have our infant tub...
And I would highly recommend the Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter- I loved it!

Delivery List: I loved David Gray, Air, and Dido- all calm yet powerful/meaningful songs. Most of them ended up on our lullaby list too. I also have been collecting quite a few baby/kids albums from the library that I can burn for you if you are interested.

Steph said...

ooh thanks for the Earth Mama rec! My mom got us one of those tummy tubs which should hold us over until the baby can just go in the sink or bath with us.

Jerad said I'm not allowed to bathe with the baby because I'll burn its skin off. I do like my bath's hot:)

I would love love love if you burned me some lullaby stuff! I think thats going to be one of those things we keep planning to do, then never get around to actually doing:)

Paige said...

I think we may come by your block Yard Sale this weekend... I will try to make CD for you to drop off!