Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Shower

I had my first baby shower last Sunday. My mom and sisters Melinda and Addy threw it for me. I wasn't involved in the planning so everything was kind of a surprise which made it a million times more fun :)

There were about 35 people so... I was too busy to take pictures but Addy took a few for me. She actually took a lot but most of them aren't very usable, so here is what you get:


my friend Liz that drove all the way from Long Beach to be there




Also, looking through the pics made me really love my friends who are so sweet they haven't mentioned to me that I've apparently gained a million pounds in my arms and FACE. So... thanks guys.

The food was delicious, as was the cheesecake with berries in a wine reduction sauce (thanks Melinda!) There were games, and oh were there ever presents! Everyone was so generous and thoughtful. We received a lot of items from our registry, a lot of beautiful hand made gifts, as well as books. I'm so excited our little baby is already starting a library!

It was so fun getting to see everyone. There were so many people that I don't feel like I really spent "enough" time talking to anyone, but it seemed like everyone was having a good time. This shower was family and family friends so there were a lot of people there who were around when I was born and when Jerad was born.

I tried to put each gift back into its own bag with the rightful card so that Jerad could open all the presents again at our house. We sat on the floor and looked at everything again, read every book, organized the clothes by size, folded and re-folded all of the blankets. I can't believe the little guy will be here in a few short weeks!

PS: Melinda, if you are reading this and are wondering if there is anything you can bring over after the birth as an "let me hold da bebe" offering... one of those cheesecakes will buy you a few hours of baby time for sure. I'm salivating just thinking about it!!!

No comments: