Monday, June 23, 2008

And the rest of the weekend in review

After Jerad was so excited to get to play softball, the other team never showed up... so, they just had a batting practice instead. At least they won right?!? Even if it was due to a forfeit... Buddy was really excited to come.



Okay, this is really zoomed out and blurry so you can't tell, but everyone is holding a beer. This cracks me up. Oh, men's softball...

Saturday I went to a babyshower at my work for Keith and Tammy. They don't know (or are pretending they dont know? I'm not sure, I get confused) if they are having a boy or a girl. Tammy is Due July 14th.

One of the games we played was "Guess the Arbiter Baby." Can you find me? Hint, its not #1, or #3-14...

The really really weird part for me is that Tammy's due date is 4 days from what mine would have been. As in I could have been that pregnant. Um, I don't even know how to process that.








Keith is just about the proudest, happiest dad-to-be I have ever seen. Adorable.







This gift was super cute too, its from one of my coworkers who is a total country western girl all the way:









This was my gift, a bathtud that could be used as an infant or toddler that had a terrycloth sling that looked like a frog. Also a portable frog mesh fold-out travel bath sling that could be used in a sink or tub, lil rubber duckie, head to toe wash, bed time lotion, and regular lotion.

Also, one of my little secrets is I love the smell of Johnston's lavendar baby bedtime lotion so much I buy it for myself. Yup. That stuff is yummy.






After that was my friend Christina's baby shower of which I have no pictures.

Sunday was Sarah's and Baby Brody's Shower where I had some of world's yummiest cakes:



We played some really really fun games. And I won two, ALMOST 3! Also, the food was divine. I had so much fun!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Remember those tomatoes I planted?

They have GROWN

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Same with my little window herbs. Before:

Now:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the peppers:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is what I really want to grow; the little lawn under my Orchid Tree.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(PS, the ghetto chain linkage and whatever the random lumber sticking up in the background is in our neighbor's yard)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No matter what I do, this is what the grass looks like. Drives me crazy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The back yard is finally cleaned up, as soon as we finish the dog area, stain the deck and concrete and patch the lawn its party time!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The dogs love their new, bigger water trough. When its 100 degrees outside I get kind of jealous.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hi Buddy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are the new purple flowers I planted. They don't look as wilted now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And my bug eaten sun flowers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our pups. And back swamp lawn,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I bought this, and have high hopes. Cause not re-sodding the lawn would be nice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And my new Zinnias

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The new dog fence.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The old fence behind it is getting replaced soon. Then the plan is to put smooth, rounded river rocks down the 35 or so feet on the side of the house, right to the left of the white fence (through that chain link gate) its about 8 feet wide. In the area right behind the white picket fence we are going to cover it with a tall shade cloth awning and misters on a timer. Under it we will put synthetic grass (that they can't ruin) their metal water trough, dog house, and build a wooden platform that they can lay under or jump up and lay on top of. I think that area is about 10 feet by 13 feet and opens into that 35 ft dog run area on the side of the house which we are putting a gate in that will open into the front yard. They can stay in that area while we are at work and they back lawn/ patio furniture will have a chance. Plus, that will still be enough room for them to run around and be crazy.

Here is the start of the full wall of beadboard in the new bathroom:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the new un-grouted tile floor (laundry room going into bathroom):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the inside of the bathroom alcove where the toilet will be (if you are looking straight at the picture, the laundry room sink would be on the right on the other side of the wall):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And Jerad saying "for the love of God let this be over with..."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Sarah Griffin said...

Thanks for taking pics at my Shower.. my mom brought her camera too, but there just weren't too many pics so I'm glad you got some too! I'm hijacking them for myspace, and for my blog lol.. just if you see any that you took lol. :)