Monday, May 19, 2008

Spicy

It has been a busy weekend. Besides getting a new haircut, finishing a book, having my doctors appointment and tearing out our bathroom, I did a little gardening! I was spending sooo much time in hardware stores I had to find something to distract myself. I don't know what girl can follow around their significant other for hours upon hours upon hours and deal with lumber and water heaters and pipe nipples and lord knows what else. Cause I can't. Plus, I am cheap. I pains me to spend thousands of dollars on stuff. I just want the bathroom, I don't need to see what it costs (actually, the only big expense has been the new hot water heater... but $10 for a tiny little pipe fitting seems ridiculous to me. I could buy a pair of shoes for that that I will look at so much more).

So I get a brilliant plan: "Salsa Garden."

I have been looking for something to refill the window box with, and Beth suggested herbs which I thought was a great idea. And I loves my chilies... and salsa. I do not exactly have a green thumb. I do well with non picky plants. Like herbs, chilies, and tomatoes, lots of water, lots of sun, heat is fine...

So, I have 8 different varieties of tomatoes (when I went to buy the pots, I forgot there were 8, and only bought 6... oops) then 4 different kinds of chilies and hot peppers. Basil, cilantro, oregano, and parsley. I am pretty excited. I ran out of potting soil, and like I said I am a few pots short, but here is what I have so far:








Once we get the new fence done, my plan is to put everything in 1/2 wine barrels along the fence. Cute?

No comments: