Tuesday, April 29, 2008

100th



Ooooh, the big 100th post! Thanks for sticking with me so long. To celebrate, we had a little earth quake as I sat down to write this. A 3.9 in Atascadero, about 15 miles south of here. I was talking on the phone with someone from UPS and she was like "wow, it sounds like a party over there," and I told her, "oh, we're in CA and just had a little earthquake... people always get all excited and start guessing how big they thought it was." Um, I think she was going to pass out. OBVIOUSLY it wasn't that bad or I would have hung up lady!
Oh, give me an earthquake over a tornado any day. Or a monsoon. What are those all about?

2 comments:

Big M said...

Steph, you're terrible. She was going to wonder all day if you were lying to her or not. But it's true, we seem to have this weird need to get all hyped up and talk about them. For instance, someone emailed me and asked if I felt it. I did of course, and then had to get online to see if it was just a small local earthquake that I felt or if LA finally had the "big one" and was just a pile of rubble....

Beth McDermott said...

I think you better stop blogging before you spark armageddon at #200...