Thursday, April 10, 2008

Vet Appointment

Maybe its just my recent over emotionalism, but I am slightly devastated I won't be the one taking Buddy to the Vet tonight. He is due for his rabies, parvo/distemper, and kennel cough boosters and I can't take him because I have a dog obedience meeting... I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have gone to EVERY vet appointment for each dog (and cat and bird and rat for that matter) from the very first puppy check until now. Our animals love the vet. They are as excited about it as the dog park. They think its a special place they get to go every few months just for people to pay attention to them and give them biscuits that they never get at home.

I thought that would change after they were spayed and neutered, nope, its still like Christmas every time. Even when they are getting their shots they are trying to lick the vets hands. And I'm going to miss that wagging tail and happy puppy smile :(

I've been feeling guilty that I haven't been spending as much time with the dogs lately so when Beth started asking about dog obedience, I volunteered to go with her. The review will be good for Buddy and a productive reason to get us out of the house. The first meeting is this evening and without the dogs, which is why Jerad is taking him to the vet and I'm missing it.

This next one is from his first puppy obedience class:


I just wish if I had to miss out on one of the pet's yearly visits it was Mao. That cat hates the vet more than... I really can't even think of anything to compare it to. Bamboo shoots under the fingernails? Those two surgeries back to back last year didn't help at all. Sheesh.


PS, don't worry about Mao... he recovered.

No comments: