Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Man am I beat...

... last night I worked my butt off on the rental house while my sister and her hubby and Jerad all sat in my house eating bon-bon's and watching TV... oh, wait, it was the other way around. Except I wasn't eating bon-bons (I don't even know what those are) or watching TV. I was sick in bed with the 24 hour flu.

I'm very efficient though, it was more of a 10 hour flu because that was all I had time for since I have to be at work at 7. I have this thing about refusing to use sick time on actually being sick. Anywho, yesterday at about 3pm at I started feeling sort of gross so by the time I got off work at 5 I decided of course I should just go work out because of course that would snap me out of it. Obsessed much? (Mistake number 1). I ran a few errands (mistake number 2) and was home around 6:30.

By this time I was really feeling bad so I decided to have some soup and chocolate soy ice cream for dinner (ya BIG mistake number 3). Shortly afterwards I kept insisting to Jerad I was going to throw up. He didn't believe me. Hmph, proved him wrong. When will he learn that I am just always right?

So, while Melinda and Larry, Jerad, his dad, and brother all worked next door on the rental house so Mel and Larry can move in this next weekend, I went to bed before 8pm. But not in one of those good relaxing ways where you wake up all refreshed and beauty-rested. On no no no my friends... In one of those ways where your co-workers look a little frightened the next day and ask if you are okay as they give you lots and lots of personal space.

I'm just going to drink lots of coffee. Either that will make me feel better, or be mistake number 4....

3 comments:

Big M said...

So I have to say that when Jerad said you were sick, I was a little skeptical. I mean, you never said anything when we talked online yesterday and then all of the sudden you were sick when it was time to work last night. Ahem, eyebrows were raised. But even so, I had to go pee really bad but didn't want to sneak over to your house to use the bathroom in case you really were sick. Turns out that was a good call on my part. Phew!

Steph said...

Ha! Let me tell you a lil about my OCD... when I throw up, I brush my teeth and use mouth wash then sterilize my toothbrush... pretty normal. Then I wash my face... not too odd. THEN, I clean the entire toilet bowl with comet, and outside with some sort of disinfecting cleaner (last night was that yellow lysol stuff). THEN I clean the sink, and floor around the toilet.

Because when you are sick, there is nothing in the world grosser than being in a bathroom and worrying that it is less than perfectly clean. So really, if I am sick it is probably the BEST time to use my bathroom.

Big M said...

Oh man, sucks for me that I did the "pee-pee" dance for like three hours then!